London Cool specialises in the hire or sale of portable cooling units for business and industry. Keeping business-critical computer or server rooms cool 24/7 is vital to ensure the continuity of processes and access to data. IT equipment generates considerable heat and must be maintained within a prescribed temperature and relative humidity range and is also sensitive to humidity and dust. We have portable split air conditioners and spot coolers for hire or sale which can help maintain critical conditions in small, medium or large data centres or server rooms.
- 4.4 kW Spot Cooler
- Energy efficiency, flexible, versatilde, low maintenance
- Utilising eco-friendly R290 refrigerant which is non toxic and kinder to the ozone layer, the new Climateasy 12R2 portable air conditioner model is designed for smaller rooms requiring cooling or heating all year round
- 3.5kW portable air conditioner with heat pump
- Energy efficiency rated A
- Luxury 4 mode portable air conditioner model suitable for large rooms and offices. Offering 14,000BTU cooling and energy efficient heating with heat pump and an all new look for 2017.
- Utilising eco-friendly R290 refrigerant which is non toxic and kinder to the ozone layer, the new Climateasy 14R2 portable air conditioner model is designed for smaller to medium sized rooms requiring cooling or heating all year round
- 4.1kW mini spot cooler
- Energy rated A/A+
- Offering 15,000BTU cooling and energy efficient heating with heatpump, London Cool have the P15HCA Koolbreeze Kompact 15 portable air conditioning unit model.
- Powerful 4.5kW split type unit with a nominal, supplied with a 5m line as standard.
- Quiet in operation
- Utilising eco-friendly R290 refrigerant which is non toxic and kinder to the ozone layer, the new Climateasy 16R2 portable air conditioner model is designed for smaller to medium sized rooms requiring cooling or heating all year round
- Offering 16,000BTU cooling and energy efficient heating with 14,500BTU heatpump, London Cool have the Koolbreeze Climateasy 16 (previously Coolmaster 16000) portable air conditioning unit model with an all new look for 2017.
- 5.2kW portable air conditioner
- 5.2kW heat pump included
- Utilising eco-friendly R290 refrigerant which is non toxic and kinder to the ozone layer, the new Climateasy 18R2 portable air conditioner model is designed for smaller to medium sized rooms requiring cooling or heating all year round
- The Weltem WHP-5000 is a multi-function spot cooler with up to 21,000BTU cooling and 23,100BTU heating. Perfect for year round air conditioning in warehouses, workshops, car garages and offices
- The Weltem WSC-6000 6.5kW split type air conditioner has low noise level - suitable for offices, warehouses, computer server rooms. Features spot cool mode for lower than average temperatures for split portable air conditioners
- Powerful 6.5kW split type unit with a nominal, supplied with a 5m line as standard
- Quiet in operation
- Also know as Avalanche, Powerful 6.7kW split type unit. More powerful than a PAC22
- Simple to install
- The Weltem 7.3 kW Spot cooler is a great alternative to the Airrex SF35 with 3 nozzles for directional cold air flow
- Can be used for room or spot cooling
- Tough and versatile
- 7.3kW large industrial spot cooler, thermostatically controlled
- 7.3 kW portable 'split type' water cooled air-conditioning unit. More powerful than a PAC22
- Can be used up to 30 metres from an external wall
- The Weltem WPC-9000 9.4kW is one of the largest compact spot coolers available in the UK.
- 11.0kW Industrial spot cooler
- Rugged design, proven durability
- 17.0kW Industrial spot cooler
- Rugged design, proven durability
An air conditioner is an appliance, system, or mechanism that is designed to extract heat from an area using a refrigeration cycle. A complete system of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning is referred to as HVAC. Its purpose is to provide comfort conditions during hot days and nights. Air-conditioning units pump out thermostatically controlled cool air that has been chilled through heat extraction.
Cold Air Outlet Tubes
Portable Air Conditioning units which have flexible cold air outlet tubes are normally called 'spot coolers' and are designed to create an umbrella of cool air. The position of that umbrella is determined by the direction of the flexible cold air outlet tube, often referred to as a nozzle. This unit is ideal for cooling individual work stations or, more especially critical areas such as IT, Data Centres and Server Rooms. As well as cooling the air, the moisture is re-condensed out of the air and collected in an integral water reservoir that is emptied manually. An automatic condensate pump can be fitted as an extra.
Hose Exhaust Portable Air Conditioners
Hose systems 'Air-to-Air' and 'Monoblock' are vented to the outside via air ducts. The 'monoblock' version collects the water in a tank or tray and should stop when full. The Air-to-Air version re-evaporates the water and discharges it through the ducted hose and can hence run longer between tank emptying. The hose (s) must discharge outside the area being cooled, via a partially open window or door, or sometimes into a false ceiling. We can provide an installation service to make holes through walls where possible.
HVAC stands for 'heating, ventilation, and air conditioning' and is sometimes referred to as 'climate control' and is particularly important in the design of medium to large industrial and office buildings and in marine environments. The three functions of heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning are closely interrelated. All seek to provide thermal comfort, acceptable indoor air quality, and reasonable installation, operation, and maintenance costs. HVAC systems can provide ventilation, reduce air infiltration, and maintain pressure relationships between spaces. How air is delivered to, and removed from spaces is known as room air distribution.
Portable Air Conditioning
Portable air conditioners come in three forms, split, hose exhaust, and evaporative. The main uses/advantages of Portable Air Conditioning are:
- It is portable, and thus location can be easily changed.
- Temporary - in areas where air conditioning might not normally be needed, but there is a temporary requirement.
- Emergency - portable air conditioning units can be supplied as emergency backup, in case of fixed air conditioning failure - especially critical in such areas as IT, Data Centres and Server Rooms.
- If a permanent solution where fixed air conditioning is not possible.
Split Portable Air Conditioners
A split system has an indoor unit on wheels connected to an outdoor unit via flexible pipes, similar to a permanently fixed installed unit. Split system room Air Conditioners come as either refrigerant based or water cooled.